The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Jesus Fears Bulldog
Canadian Bulldog
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1889
Registered 7-28-2003
Location Yes.

Mood: EVER!!!

posted on 4-14-2005 at 11:29 AM Edit Post
Jesus Fears Bulldog

I actually struggled for a while before I posted this. This may even come across as me kicking a prophet while he's down; I'm not sure.

As you may or may not know, I pulled something of a prank on Aaron "Jesus" Aguilera in my March 24 ITR column. The guy was a pretty good sport, or so I thought.

A couple of weeks later, some notes began appearing on the "comment board" of his website (aaronaguilera.com), with people asking him about the prank. Please keep in mind, this was not me trying to get something going.

At first, he answered the questions (he seems to respond to all of his comments, even silly messages) with stuff along the lines of "who is bulldog?" or "who cares?".

Then a bunch of messages about the whole thing started getting removed. I was monitoring the comment board by this point -- most of them were harmless, although one or two, I'll admit, did kind of cross a line. I even added something along the lines of "don't pretend like you don't know who I am!" and it quickly got erased.

Then.... I noticed that pretty much all of the Bulldog-related messages were being removed. No big deal, right? The guy was just weeding out crap off of his message board (I'm sure the moderators here or at any board can relate.) But he was leaving up crap messages like "U R A JERKJ!!!~!", and RESPONDING to them no less! I couldn't help put take this personally.

So last night, I posted the following, heartfelt message.

Mr. Aguilera,
I don't understand why you keep taking down comments made by my readers (and one by ME, for that matter). No one said anything controversial, that I saw. They were just asking about your involvement in my prank.
I'm not saying you have to respond to this, but I just don't understand why you keep pulling these messages off your comment board. We're not trying to cause any trouble.
By the way, in total seriousness, if it's true you were released by WWE, I am sorry to hear that. I thought you played the Jesus character quite well.
Canadian Bulldog

That was at about 10 p.m. last night. By this morning, THAT message was erased as well, and I received an e-mail from theddt.com (which hosts his site I guess), stating "Stop posting on Aaron Aguilera's comment board."

So in complying with Mr. Aguilera's wishes (or perhaps it's Carlito who still pulls the strings), I personally will not post on his comment board ever again.

The book... IS... HERE!!!
The Official Inside The Ropes website
BulldogZone : Official Inside The Ropes Merchandise
The Ridiculously Expensive Canadian BullBLOG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Canadian+Bulldog 's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger
rk
Showstopper

Posts 622
Registered 3-11-2004
Location Canada

Mood: Barbiturates

posted on 4-14-2005 at 01:48 PM Edit Post
Gee...I hope no one here disregards your attempt to make nice with Jesus, and trolls outs his board.

That could lead to eternal damnation. Or banning.

blackdragon
The Great One

Posts 3578
Registered 11-9-2003
Location United States

Mood: Nostalgic

posted on 4-14-2005 at 02:38 PM Edit Post
Don't know why, but after reading rk's remarks, I got this strange sense of deja vu. I had to check the date to make sure she didn't post this exact thing at the time I'm thinking. Weird.

Oh and CB, I may not be your biggest fan, but I enjoy your work.

http://blogjob.com/geeksmarksandnerds/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
OORick
Intellectual Savior of the Masses

Posts 3186
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: Flyered Up

posted on 4-15-2005 at 12:11 AM Edit Post
Just to let you know what caliber of moron we're dealing with here, I actually got an e-mail from "James, the Webmaster" about 3 weeks ago that read:

quote:

Please stop your staff spamming there columns on my messageboard. The IP addy matches the guys emails to us.

- James (AaronAgilera.com Webmaster)

I, of course, could not help replying with the helpful note that try as I might, I could not get AaronAgilera.com to work for me, and that if he wasn't such a sac-less wonder, he might actually take it up with the Mighty Bulldog himself, instead of thinking that it's somehow *my* job.

And then I reminded him of his shitty spelling again. And probably found one other way to mock him, too, just because, as I recall, I replied to him while moderately hammered after Easter dinner, and couldn't believe he thought that somehow *I* would give a shit about what Bulldog was or wasn't doing on his message board.

Rick

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Canadian Bulldog
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1889
Registered 7-28-2003
Location Yes.

posted on 4-15-2005 at 02:16 AM Edit Post
First of all, a public apology to Rick is in order if you got called out on my prankery. As Carlito might say: "That's not cool!"

I am sorry if his punk-ass webmaster blamed you for my offbeat shenanigans. As I said before, I personally am not posting on there ever again.

EVER!!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Canadian+Bulldog 's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger
rk
Showstopper

Posts 622
Registered 3-11-2004
Location Canada

Mood: Barbiturates

posted on 4-15-2005 at 01:28 PM Edit Post
Wow. I wonder if anyone has bought his precious "Luchamobile" yet?

http://www.theddt.com/sites/aaronaguilera/images/luchamobile/6.jpg

Canadian Bulldog
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1889
Registered 7-28-2003
Location Yes.

posted on 4-15-2005 at 01:54 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by rk
Wow. I wonder if anyone has bought his precious "Luchamobile" yet?

http://www.theddt.com/sites/aaronaguilera/images/luchamobile/6.jpg

WOW! If only Vince Russo had possession of that during his booking days:

"For the next segment, Rey Rey's gonna say 'Everyone into the Luchamobile!'. And then... Juvy, Psicosis, La Parka, all them luchadores are gonna hop into it. We'll put 50 guys in there! And then Nash will walk over and kick the crap outta it. And then in the next segment....."

Toffile
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1241
Registered 4-27-2004
Location Cow Country

Mood: Football

posted on 4-15-2005 at 07:09 PM Edit Post

I could see Russo doing that too.

I will admit, that's one sweet looking car though.

On a completely unrelated note do we have a ":lol" smily?

Figure Foreskin
Prefers punkerhardcore Penis

Posts 2651
Registered 5-4-2004
Location 5-4-2004

Mood: Paper > Rock

posted on 4-15-2005 at 08:42 PM Edit Post
No.

There are 8 (eight) smileys to choose from.

Enjoy.

"Any time you agree with Krydor, you're wrong."

loki
HOMO

Posts 2064
Registered 6-11-2004

Mood: to get banned

posted on 4-16-2005 at 12:24 AM Edit Post
Bulldog,

A serious answer to your question:

You regarded it as a prank. And he might have done the same, initially. Along the lines of "I feel stupid, allright dude, you got me". When people have a joke pulled on them where they look foolish (and make no bones about it, you did make him look a bit foolish) people can generally laugh it off. The first time. The second time. Maybe even the third and fourth time. But after having people point out to you that someone else made you look like a dummy time and time again? I perfectly understand why he would pull all comments from his website.

He was made to look dumb. Small prank, no harm done. But if it doesn't die and go away, the person who the joke was played on -- who initially could laugh it off -- gets tired of having it brought up. And he gets upset.

Think about it for a second. Would you like having your face rubbed in it repeatedly if you were made to look dumb?

And from what you said in your post, people weren't letting it go. He tried to blow it off with the "Who is bulldog?" and "Who cares?", but people still kept on posting about it. He probably wanted to let it die, but other people wouldn't let it go.

As for you taking it personally, think about this: You have a rep as a prankster. No problem, normally, but how was he to know that you weren't responsible for the sudden slew of messages about bulldog's prank on him? No offense, but after reading all the "Letters From a Nut" you've written, it's easy to see where the guy made the logic leap from "Guy played a practical joke on me" to "guy is harassing me on my own board". This is not saying you WOULD do such a thing. But this is saying that you have cultivated your internet persona to the point where no one would be SURPRISED if you did such a thing. Even your apology, though I am not doubting it was heartfelt, could be construed as the opening to yet another prank from you to him.

As to why he would answer some mail, such as "U R A JERK!!!~!" and delete yours, well, those are one-off things. But from the way you describe it, the letters asking about your prank were fairly steady, and, most important, he had addressed them already. Maybe his responses didn't satisfy you, but to him it was enough, case closed, let's move on to something else. But some people weren't moving on, and kept asking....
which leads to my final point. The messages are appearing on this guy's own webboard. His home, his own
territory. In his mind, he shouldn't have to deal with stuff that he doesn't want to on his own site. Rather than respond (he tried that, but it didn't work) maybe people will get the message if the posts referencing the prank are deleted. After a while, those asking about the prank will go away. Which is probably all he wanted in the first place.

Wow. That's a bit of a read, ain't it? Hope this gives you a different perspective on the issue.

Okay. I am now done with psychoanalyzation of a wrestler I will never meet. Now back to your regularly scheduled message board:

------------------------------------------------------

"HHH is holding everyone down!"
"JBL sucks!"
"Jerciho rocks!"
"Kidman and London need to be pushed to the moon!"

[edit for spelling - D'Oh!]

[Edited on 4-15-2005 by loki]

Canadian Bulldog
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1889
Registered 7-28-2003
Location Yes.

posted on 4-16-2005 at 02:10 AM Edit Post
Hey, loki,

What can I say? When you're right, you're right. It's as simple as that.

It's hard for me to know what it's like to be in his shoes (or more likely, his webmaster's shoes), and that's probably a decent evaluation of the whole situation.

I wasn't looking for a big fight out of this (not that I couldn't take him in a streetfight, no sir; he thinks CENA didn't sell for him at Armageddon?), and I suppose this will be the last you'll hear from me on the situation.

I guess I just wanted to bitch about it all in a decidedly-more-democratic forum than the aaronagililililiueria site, and now I'm done.

Canadian Bulldog

P.S. loki Fears Bulldog
(kidding, kidding)

OORick
Intellectual Savior of the Masses

Posts 3186
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: Flyered Up

posted on 4-16-2005 at 11:48 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canadian Bulldog
First of all, a public apology to Rick is in order if you got called out on my prankery.

For the record: no apology is necessary.

Mostly because I think the whole thing is fricking hilarious, but also partly just because you wouldn't believe the amount of moronic e-mail I have to ignore in a given week. I would have been happy to put James, the Bad-Spelling Webmaster's e-mail on that pile about 99% of the time, and not given it another thought.

But like I said: I happened to get it while pleasantly buzzed after a holiday dinner. So I gladly rebuttaled, instead.

On the continuum of unwelcomed e-mails I get, hearing James' sac-less whining was WAY more entertaining than the dozens of crap-ass bitchfests I get from people who think I'll un-do something the ModSquad has done around the forums, here. Like I even visit here more than 2 or 3 times a week, or something! HA! Dum dums....

So continue with the prankery, says I! Actually: I will not be happy until I have the Ultimate Warrior's crack legal team bugging me about something somebody else has done!

Rick

OOMatt
Crazy Go Nuts

Posts 1224
Registered 12-19-2002
Location St. Paul

Mood: Greatest Mood

posted on 4-17-2005 at 04:30 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by OORick
Actually: I will not be happy until I have the Ultimate Warrior's crack legal team bugging me about something somebody else has done!

God knows I tried with the Satire this week.

For NFL Power Rankings, My Blog and More check out Hock Show Dot Com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   OOMatt 's Aim

New Topic New Poll

go to top