The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: A question for all you Chris Masters defenders out there?
FromPartzUnknown
Taste and Class

Posts 402
Registered 11-15-2005
Location In my pants

Mood:

posted on 12-30-2005 at 07:58 PM Edit Post
A question for all you Chris Masters defenders out there?

Are you going to send hateful emails to PyroFalkon for his "Best and Worst of 2005" ?

THE bOOby PRIZES
WORST WRESTLER(S) OF THE YEAR: Chris Masters
1st Runner-Up: Simon Dean
2nd Runner-Up: Viscera
Comments: I don't think I can say anything that Rick hasn't already said. Agree or disagree if you want; personally, I just get bored as hell when Chris Masters is on my screen.

WORST FEUD OF THE YEAR: RAW vs. SmackDown!
1st Runner-Up: Chris Masters vs. Anyone

MOST OVERRATED WRESTLER: Chris Masters
1st Runner-Up: Heidenreich
2nd Runner-Up: Monty Brown
Comments: All three of these guys need to get bigger movesets, and only Monty Brown has any semblence of personality that I could give a shit about. Masters needs to just give this up and go do professional bodybuilding or something else that doesn't require brain power or verbal skills.

metallikid
The Immortal One

Posts 4898
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Orlando, Florida

Mood: Super

posted on 12-30-2005 at 08:05 PM Edit Post
No, he can read these boards to get my opinions. I donít email anybody for mainpage comments. He is entitled to his own opinions. I might mention something if every 3 words out his mouth were that Masters sucked, then it gets repetitive and annoying.

It's Great to be a Florida Gator!

Shaggy
The Great One

Posts 3225
Registered 12-21-2002

Mood:

posted on 12-30-2005 at 08:07 PM Edit Post
If they gave him the dumb musclehead gimmick it could be a step in the right direction. Give him a mouthpiece manager who treats him like garbage and won't let him talk. Or give him an older Diva - as he is prime cougar bait - to be his mouthpiece/manager. It be a rip-off of the Terri Runnells/Meat gimmick, but why the hell not...

mooseheadjack

Posts 10476
Registered 5-13-2002
Location over here

Mood: plotting evil

posted on 12-30-2005 at 08:37 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by FromPartzUnknown
Are you going to send hateful emails to PyroFalkon for his "Best and Worst of 2005" ?
THE bOOby PRIZES
WORST WRESTLER(S) OF THE YEAR: Chris Masters
Comments: I don't think I can say anything that Rick hasn't already said. Agree or disagree if you want; personally, I just get bored as hell when Chris Masters is on my screen.

WORST FEUD OF THE YEAR: RAW vs. SmackDown!
1st Runner-Up: Chris Masters vs. Anyone

MOST OVERRATED WRESTLER: Chris Masters
Masters needs to just give this up and go do professional bodybuilding or something else that doesn't require brain power or verbal skills.

Nope, no hateful emails from me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

As far as his first comment, about being bored when MAsters is on the screne, ok, I have no problem with that, Masters is not everyone's cup of tea. I get bored when Carlito is on my screne, he just doens't do anything for me. That is all a matter of taste.

Worst feud of the year? Well again, personal tastes aside, Masters feuds have not been all that bad in my opinion, anything involving Cena has been far worse - to me. But again, whateverfloats your boat.

Most overrated, well this is where Mr. Falcon and I disagree. If you are looking for most overrated in terms ov push vs. ability (or at least the ability they are showing right now) then John Cena takes this one easily. He is the world champion, and only has a hand full of moves, none of which are particularly convincing.

Masters is still a rookie, I believe, he made his debut earlier this year. He has a basic moveset for a power wrestler. He is not Chris Benoit, and thankfully doesn't try to be. I think his ability in the ring is just fine when you compare it to the push he is getting, he hasn't won any titles, he hasn't won too many big matches, he is in the mix for a couple of feuds, but not the main focus. That doesn't bother me.

When you look at an overrated wrestler, look at Viscera. He was pushed more than Masters for awhile this year, and he really doesn't do much of anything in the ring other than fall on people, and yet some folks insist he is better than Masters. Again, all a matter of opinion, but I find that one laughable.

I have no problem with people not liking Masters, hell no one is ever going to get someone to agree to like all the guys they like. It does seem with Masters though that there is an unrealistic hatred for him, no matter what he does, there are some folks that are going to shit on it. He could break out all kinds of lucha moves in his next match, copy Benoit's moveset hold for hold, and there would be people who just rip it because they hate Masters. It could be an endless debate on the boards, I think he has shown improvement over this year, some don't. What are you gonna do?

So, no letters from me. I will keep sitting back and defending Masters, until the E gives me a reason not to - like putting the title on him sometime soon. As much as I hate Cena, Masters is in no way ready for THAT.

My personal fuck list: 1. Tim Tebow 2. Eli Manning 3. The New York Yankees (except Granderson) 4. LeBron James 5. Kobe Bryant 6. The BCS 7. The SEC 8. the Political Right 9. religion 10. Almost everything the WWE does (happy AJ?)

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   mooseheadjack 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
tills24
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1246
Registered 7-22-2005
Location New Haven, birthplace of the hamburger sandwich.

Mood:

posted on 12-30-2005 at 09:59 PM Edit Post
My question for Partz is why do you care so much that some people don't retch and throw their TV out the window when Chris Masters is on? Why did you see that someone agrees with you and have to come back and basically say "look guys, don't you feel dumb for not hating him"...
ConspiracyVictim
Showstopper

Posts 514
Registered 2-9-2004
Location Location Location

Mood: Friggin Morose

posted on 12-30-2005 at 10:06 PM Edit Post
Personally, I express my dislike for Masters by not talking about him. I also don't talk about Nuclear Physics and Uno.

Attention: If anybody knows how to remove DNA from a passenger seat, please send me a u2u ASAP.

stewieisgood
Showstopper

Posts 500
Registered 7-24-2004

Mood: Egomaniacal

posted on 12-30-2005 at 11:20 PM Edit Post
Really, Chris Masters isn' that bad. He is not a technical wrestler, and he won't be cutting any convincing promos, but he doesn't need to be put in front of the firing squads. The thing that bothers me most about him is his push, but it'll probably fizzle around Backlash.

Chris F. Masters' moveset isn't especially limited. He does the Masterlock, Powerslam, Military Press, Delayed Suplex, Bearhug, Backbreaker, and a lot of striking moves. One good I cannot spell 'feud' can make him look a lot better. Give him Flair, Foley, Van Dam, or even Kane, and make it a midcard fued. Give the crowd a chance to boo him, rather than making him the main event, and shooting puppies for cheap heat. Use his arrogance and he will be entirely bearable.

Wrestlemania 27 Main Event
Rory v Robbie
There can only be one Highlander

FromPartzUnknown
Taste and Class

Posts 402
Registered 11-15-2005
Location In my pants

Mood:

posted on 12-30-2005 at 11:25 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by tills24
My question for Partz is why do you care so much that some people don't retch and throw their TV out the window when Chris Masters is on? Why did you see that someone agrees with you and have to come back and basically say "look guys, don't you feel dumb for not hating him"...

If you've cared to notice, I stay out of the Masters bashing. But just by me posting a harmless question, you feel the urge to put ME down. Maybe you should change your name to "hypocrite24".

Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12368
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 12-31-2005 at 04:10 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by FromPartzUnknown
Maybe you should change your name to "hypocrite24".

Maybe you should not be so thin-skinned. I like you and I think you've added a lot of humor to the forums since you've been here, but this isn't the first time you've taken an off-handed comment and turned it into a personal attack. I don't want to see you run afoul of the mods, so try not to jump on the defensive anytime someone says something quasi-negative to you.

In response to your original question, no, I won't be sending PyroFalcon any hateful e-mail. Moose summarized my thoughts on the situation pretty eloquently- Masters works for some, not for others. There's a difference, however, in disliking him because he doesn't do it for you, and talking shit about him because it's the trendy thing to do.

That said, I have a question for all the Masters haters out there: Lashley is getting essentially the same push on Smackdown that Masters was getting on RAW when he first showed up, in spite of being just as green and possessing no more of a moveset. Why isn't Lashley being bitched about?

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

Kemmel
And I am AWESOME

Posts 184
Registered 12-14-2005
Location You would like me to tell you wouldn't you!

Mood: Delighted!

posted on 12-31-2005 at 04:54 AM Edit Post
Lashley isn't being bitched about because he's a lot more exciting, is more fun to watch, wrestles better and has a decent finisher. Most importantly Lashley is all Wrestling and no bullshit.
Jamesman
Fella

Posts 366
Registered 11-4-2004

Mood:

posted on 12-31-2005 at 06:35 AM Edit Post
What I've seen of Black Lesnar, it doesn't even seem like he's had a chance to display a moveset. Everything I've seen him do has been a squash. I'd say he's getting the Brock Lesnar treatment, rather than the Chris Masters one.

Master has been on our TVs since the day after Wrestlemania. Believe it or not, that is a long time. Combine televised events, Pay-Per-View matches, house shows, OVW, training, etc, he's been doing this for a long enough time. You can't excuse him for being a "rookie." He's not. He's just not that great a wrestler.

And it doesn't even have to do with a limited moveset. It has to do with presenting us with entertainment. A match that can tell a story, a character than can get a reaction. Masters is just an average wrestler, which is the worst thing that can be said about anyone who is supposed to be good enough to be deserving of being considered a "professional" and starring on a sports entertainment show.

As a whole, he just doesn't bring anything to the shows in the way of "good." At best, he brings "nothing," and at the worst, he ruins the entire show for me. Either he doesn't have what it takes, or the WWE doesn't.

Masters Lovers, don't defend him. Don't give him the benefit of the doubt. None of this "Sure, he's no Benoit in the ring, but at least he doesn't eat baby intestines!" I would like to know what you actually LIKE seeing about him on your TV. I wanna know what it is that makes you go "OH BOY MASTERS!" I don't wanna hear from anyone who is indifferent to Masters, just the people that look forward to Masters showing up.

Hillbilly Jim
Banned

Posts 298
Registered 8-5-2005

Mood:

posted on 12-31-2005 at 07:54 AM Edit Post
I don't hate Masters, or Cena for that matter. I merely think that both of them are getting their careers limited due to the rather boring direction their characters display.

Masters is big enough and strong enough to be promoted as a squasher. It would be illogical to be either a technical wrestler or a high-flyer. The big mistake that I think they're making with him is that they started him out with the full nelson submission as his trademark. In my opinion submission holds are boring as hell 9 times out of 10.

So, like I said, they should turn him into a squasher. Figure out something for him like the Goldberg Spear or the Monty Brown Pounce and I think that he'd start getting a hell of lot more crowd pop than he's getting with the insomnia-curing move set he's using no.

The guys still a rookie. He's got a lot of potential. He's just unfortunate (so's Cena) that at this particular point in time the Fed wouldn't know how to recognize potential even when it comes up and bites them right on the ass.

GET BANNED BY FLIPPING OUT AND WRITING A LONG FLAME OF THE MODERATOR FOR NO REASON. ASK ME HOW.

Jamesman
Fella

Posts 366
Registered 11-4-2004

Mood:

posted on 12-31-2005 at 10:09 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hillbilly Jim
The guys still a rookie.

He's been on TV for almost 9 months. At what point does he stop being a rookie?

And what about other people who, in 9 months time, showed more skill and entertainment value than Masters? Why is Masters' shortcomings so defendable, when there are others who can come in and impress only within a few months, or in rare cases, immediately?

If I have to wait for Masters to stop being a "rookie" and further develop his skills, I'd rather he not do it on Raw. Raw isn't a reality show where we watch wannabe wrestlers gradually improve. That's what Smackdown's for. Raw is for Diva Searches.

And even then, the winners of Tough Enough found themselves in OVW so long that nobody even remembered who they were.

I really just don't see anything short of pity as a reason for defending Masters' role on the active roster. Keep in mind my desire would be to send him back to OVW, NOT to fire him. I don't hate the guy, just the execution and circumstance. If he ended up in OVW for some hardcore development, only to come back as a fresh wrestler, I'd be all the happier.

fsolomon75
American Dream

Posts 8481
Registered 1-25-2002
Location SoCal

Mood: WILLIE~!

posted on 12-31-2005 at 03:50 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Is Good517
That said, I have a question for all the Masters haters out there: Lashley is getting essentially the same push on Smackdown that Masters was getting on RAW when he first showed up, in spite of being just as green and possessing no more of a moveset. Why isn't Lashley being bitched about?
My biggest problem was and always will be, his entrance. Way too drawn out and flashy for a guy who has the charisma of a bowel movement. As for his moveset, I'm not expecting Benoit out there. I am expecting someone who can tell a decent story in the ring, whether it's through the in-ring work or on the mic, and so far Masters has yet to impress me on either account. My other problem was his Masterlock challenge, something devised to obviously hide his greeness and lack of moveset. I don't have a problem with challenges like that, like Angle's invitational. When he started that, he had already been someone you cheered/booed for, it wasn't a way to introduce Angle, it was a way to further display his badass persona. With Masters, it was a horrible idea from the start. The first challenge was for $1000. Huh? Is this 1987 and Dibiase is asking a kid to dribble a ball? I hate to say it because I barely make $30K a year but the idea of $1000 cash just doesn't have the same OOH and AHH aspect it used to.

Remember the vignettes hyping his debut? They went on for a month or so before he finally came down that ramp... to silence.

I'll blame this on Masters but I'll also blame creative. They HAD to know his limitations before hyping him the way they did. I want to know who OKd the Masterpiece gimmick, trying to make him Rick Rude 2005. On Rude's worst day he was 100X more entertaining and charismatic than Masters.

Anyway, I'm not knocking those who like him. We all have our guilty pleasures, right? Maybe you guys are right, and in a year we can come back and say Moose & Chris, we never should have doubted you. But as for right now, I'm just not entertained by the guy at all in any way.

Like another poster said, the difference is Lashley is all business and no bullshit. No sparklers, no hype, just flat-out squashing. He has a better look and more importantly, he looks comfortable in the ring. Masters still seems to appear to be out of his element. Lashley seems more confident and secure with what he can do in the ring. Masters still has that Eli Manning/deer in the headlights face.

Teh wisdom of MooseheadJack: "tpyos are not going to ruin my day today" and "the only thing carved in stone for the Mets is the look on willie's face"

The 2007 Post Of The Year

mooseheadjack

Posts 10476
Registered 5-13-2002
Location over here

posted on 12-31-2005 at 04:06 PM Edit Post
Well, I give someone a year from their debut, then they are not a rookie. So the day after WM, the "he is still a rookie" argument isn't valid anymore.

I am sure I am biased, but he does entertain me. I have said it before, but he entertains me in the same way Lex Luger did back in his early days. He is a big musclebound guy that does your basic power moves. I think if you look back at his debut (which perhaps was a bit overhyped, but there again, how much of that is Masters and how much of that is creative? We know Vince has a thing for big guys) he has improved quite a bit since then.

Ok, so I agree, some guys have shown more improvement much faster than Masters. And it is a shame they either don't or didn't get more of an opportunity, I can't pretend to know why Masters was kept on the show early on when he was so green, but he was and there is nothing we can do about that.

I enjoy Masters, there is something about the cockiness that he has, has he perfected it to Rick Rude levels yet? nope. Will he ever? Who knows.

If Masters ruins your whole show for his three minute appearances a week, well then I don't really know what to say to that. Three minutes of Masters in a two hour show certainly does not seem like overexposure to me, but that is just me I guess.

My personal fuck list: 1. Tim Tebow 2. Eli Manning 3. The New York Yankees (except Granderson) 4. LeBron James 5. Kobe Bryant 6. The BCS 7. The SEC 8. the Political Right 9. religion 10. Almost everything the WWE does (happy AJ?)

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   mooseheadjack 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
fsolomon75
American Dream

Posts 8481
Registered 1-25-2002
Location SoCal

Mood: WILLIE~!

posted on 12-31-2005 at 04:11 PM Edit Post
He doesn't ruin the show for me, I leave that to the ill-conceived storylines or ones that go nowhere.

Teh wisdom of MooseheadJack: "tpyos are not going to ruin my day today" and "the only thing carved in stone for the Mets is the look on willie's face"

The 2007 Post Of The Year

Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12368
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 12-31-2005 at 04:42 PM Edit Post
Here's the biggest issue with Masters, I think. Most guys as green as Masters, when first brought in, are somehow protected until they become more competant workers. Batista, for example. When he showed up a few years ago, he was essentially an older Masters with better tattoos. He had no signs of charisma and a very limited power moveset. However, instead of being left on his own and quasi-pushed, he was paired up with D-Von Dudley. I don't recall the circumstances that brought him to RAW, but he came in on his own, was shit all over just like Masters is now, and he and Orton, another project that the fans were all but throwing their own feces at, were rounded up and tucked away in Evolution, where they could tag with and learn from Triple H and Flair. A couple of years later, both men had improved tremendously on the stick and in the ring.

On the other hand, WWE has made no effort to disguise Masters' shortcomings like they did with Batista. Granted, there is no more Evolution to hide him behind, but a small heel stable (he'd be a perfect fit as a bodyguard for Kurt Angle) would be great for Masters to spend a year as a part of as he continued to get more comfortable with being in the big leagues.

I do enjoy Masters just fine now. The Masters character is a dumb musclehead jock, and the guy plays the character perfectly. Unlike Randy Orton, who is a dumb person playing a character that is supposed to be clever, Masters' character strikes me as if the writers call for him to be stupid, which is why blurbs like "Resolution" instead of Revolution don't bother me (that, and the fact that it's completely petty anyway). His moveset isn't nearly as limited as everyone wants to think (hello, it's a lot better than punch, punch, punch, punch, choke, punch, kick, stunner, if you know what I mean) and I happen to kind of like the Masterlock. Sure, it doesn't have the luster of a Crossface or a Walls of Jericho, but that doesn't mean it's not an effective submission hold. And the entrance? Well, I like it. I like the pompousness of it all. I like it that someone not named Triple H and Undertaker can get a grand, elaborate entrance.

Masters doesn't do it for me in the same way that Angle, Shelton, Benoit, Paul London, Edge, Rey, MNM, and others of that calibre do it for me.

Masters does it for me the same way that Snitsky and Tomko do- in spite of their limitations, they're giving their all and entertaining me while they do it. And that's a lot more than I can say for guys like Orton, Bob Holly, Heidenreich, and their ilk.

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

ConspiracyVictim
Showstopper

Posts 514
Registered 2-9-2004
Location Location Location

Mood: Friggin Morose

posted on 12-31-2005 at 04:51 PM Edit Post
It's hard not to smell shitty when you work in the sewers...

If you've been reading these boards as long as you say, you'll probably realize that there are a few things that will draw the ire of the ModSquad:

- Me Too! (don't paraphrase the latest Rick article and claim it as your own independant thought)
- Look At Me! (don't use these boards to put yourself over. You're a poster, not a performer)
- And one time, at band camp... (say something relevant occasionally)
- It's bits, Spike, it's bits! (don't be a lapdog. Nobody likes a lapdog unless it's fuzzy and cute. You're not fuzzy. You're probably not even cute.)

There's nothing wrong with abusing your fellow posters, as long as it's done with style, and for a reason.

Personally, I'd be surprised if you were banned for this post, or if your post was deleted. I'd be equally surprised if Mod didn't come back and give you a bit of a verbal nut-slap, because that's what he does.

Attention: If anybody knows how to remove DNA from a passenger seat, please send me a u2u ASAP.

Canadian Bulldog
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1889
Registered 7-28-2003
Location Yes.

Mood: EVER!!!

posted on 12-31-2005 at 07:28 PM Edit Post
I can't believe this, but I actually AGREED with Pyrofalkon in my year-end picks this week and voted Masters as Worst Wrestler of the Year. This must be one of the signs of armageddon (the end of the world, that is, not the PPV - though both are similar).

But I'll tell you why I chose him (because I really didn't expound on my comments in the year-end voting): It's not solely because he's a poor in-ring competitor (Hulk Hogan was never a great worker, yet how many of us marked out for him big time way back when?), it's also because he can't talk and has the charisma of a discarded toothpaste tube.

And to someone else's point (was it Shaggy?), they SHOULD definitely try something else with him - perhaps a mouthpiece, or some sort of gimmick that exploits his lack of mental faculties rather than ignores it. And at the same time, cut down on the amount of time he's on screen for (which, to be fair, they have done in recent months). And never EVER put him in a world title situation again. Then maybe next year, he won't suck QUITE as much.

And as to the original point of this post: Yes, you should all be sending hate mail to PyroFalkon. It's probably better than the e-mails he's getting now, which are nonexistent.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... yeah.

The book... IS... HERE!!!
The Official Inside The Ropes website
BulldogZone : Official Inside The Ropes Merchandise
The Ridiculously Expensive Canadian BullBLOG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Canadian+Bulldog 's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger
PyroFalkon
Fella

Posts 444
Registered 11-17-2004
Location Xenia, Ohio

Mood:

posted on 1-1-2006 at 12:48 AM Edit Post
It's funny how anytime anyone mentions Masters, it turns into a long debate thread. As always, this is just my opinion, and I'm not bashing anyone or anything (at least not intentionally).

quote:
mooseheadjack said:
As far as his first comment, about being bored when MAsters is on the screne, ok, I have no problem with that, Masters is not everyone's cup of tea. I get bored when Carlito is on my screne, he just doens't do anything for me.

That really sums it up for me. I'm not a Masters hater. I just get bored when he's on the screen. But Carlito is one of my favorites, and I tend to pay more attention to the show when he's there. To each their own, as MHJ says.

It's not just Masters, though. Most of the guys in WWE I really do get bored with. Even guys I like, like Benoit, I get bored when he's got a mic in his hand usually. My list of "Active workers who I actually care about more than a mark" is limited pretty much to Christian, HBK, Gail Kim, and Kane. Well, I guess the Taker too, but I don't get SmackDown!, and he's not exactly active on a week-to-week basis.

Now, as far as this goes...

quote:
mooseheadjack says:
Most overrated, well this is where Mr. Falcon and I disagree. If you are looking for most overrated in terms ov push vs. ability (or at least the ability they are showing right now) then John Cena takes this one easily.

(...)

Masters is still a rookie, I believe, he made his debut earlier this year. (...) I think his ability in the ring is just fine when you compare it to the push he is getting, he hasn't won any titles, he hasn't won too many big matches, he is in the mix for a couple of feuds, but not the main focus.

My issue with Masters and Viscera (whom you mentioned later) is that neither deserves (in my eyes) a push to CONSIDER being World Title. It's one thing to chase it, or declare you want it. It's another thing to be placed in a match where you could potentially give them the belt.

For that matter, I don't even think Carlito should be in the Elimination Chamber. He, like Masters, I don't think has done enough yet. I guess they just wanted to make things all gimmicky, but I would have been fine if they just made a three-way match between Angle, Cena, and Kane.

Although I mentioned in my awards that Masters has a small moveset, the truth is that I don't entirely mind it. In fact, let me address people's other concerns about him, to show that I'm not a hater...

Masters's entrance: I love it. It's silly, but it fits his character.

Masters's music: After the retarded bells or gongs or whatever, I like it. I like simple riffs.

Masters's charisma and mic skills: worthless. Get him a James Cornette-type manager, and I think his stock rises twice- or thricefold.

Masters's moveset: If he stays the hell out of the highest title hunt, then it's fine. It's a skeleton moveset, but it's okay for the IC or tag belts.

Finally, addressing Cena being overpushed... you're probably right. But for whatever reason, I'm RESISTING my brain rejecting him as a champion. Maybe it's just because my girlfriend likes him so much, I don't know. Either way, he hasn't annoyed me or angered me yet. Bored me once or twice, but I'm not tired of seeing him, and I don't mind him staying a main eventer.

So, yeah... I hope that explains my position a bit better.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   PyroFalkon 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger   PyroFalkon 's Yahoo
mooseheadjack

Posts 10476
Registered 5-13-2002
Location over here

posted on 1-1-2006 at 04:02 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by PyroFalkon
My issue with Masters and Viscera (whom you mentioned later) is that neither deserves (in my eyes) a push to CONSIDER being World Title. It's one thing to chase it, or declare you want it. It's another thing to be placed in a match where you could potentially give them the belt.

For that matter, I don't even think Carlito should be in the Elimination Chamber. He, like Masters, I don't think has done enough yet. I guess they just wanted to make things all gimmicky, but I would have been fine if they just made a three-way match between Angle, Cena, and Kane.

I do agree there, even though I like Masters I don't think he should be anywhere near the world title. I think he and Carlito are in there more or less for window dressing and have no real chance at claiming the big prize, at least I hope not.

quote:

Masters's charisma and mic skills: worthless. Get him a James Cornette-type manager, and I think his stock rises twice- or thricefold.

I think this would be perfect for Masters, drop him to the IC level, give him a mouthpiece (Coach would be pretty cool here, Simon Dean would have been good, but more as a partner) Let him work chasing the IC title and learn his craft, and most importantly, not do a whole lot of talking.

My feelings are that mic work has become one of the most overrated aspects of wrestling. Sure it is nice when a guy can cut a promo, but it is not necessary to be great. , at least not me. If the guy entertains me in the ring, I really don't mind adequate, or even subpar promo skills - but again, that is my personal preference.

outback jack
The Great One

Posts 3811
Registered 3-10-2003
Location not Australia

Mood: old

posted on 1-1-2006 at 08:56 PM Edit Post
Masters would have fit in much better in the manager era. If Bobby Heenan had been along for the ride during this push, the Masterlock Challenge segments would have been gold. Even without a mouthpiece, Masters would have gone over better if there was a strong heel commentator (like Jesse Ventura) to spice up this push.

Given the choice, I'd replace some of the writer monkeys and/or Johnny Ace before canning Masters. I doubt Hercules Hernandez or Lex Luger were much better at this stage of their careers, and it's not Masters fault he was pushed so soon by management.

FromPartzUnknown
Taste and Class

Posts 402
Registered 11-15-2005
Location In my pants

Mood:

posted on 1-4-2006 at 07:49 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by ConspiracyVictim
It's hard not to smell shitty when you work in the sewers...

If you've been reading these boards as long as you say, you'll probably realize that there are a few things that will draw the ire of the ModSquad:

- Me Too! (don't paraphrase the latest Rick article and claim it as your own independant thought)
- Look At Me! (don't use these boards to put yourself over. You're a poster, not a performer)
- And one time, at band camp... (say something relevant occasionally)
- It's bits, Spike, it's bits! (don't be a lapdog. Nobody likes a lapdog unless it's fuzzy and cute. You're not fuzzy. You're probably not even cute.)

There's nothing wrong with abusing your fellow posters, as long as it's done with style, and for a reason.

Personally, I'd be surprised if you were banned for this post, or if your post was deleted. I'd be equally surprised if Mod didn't come back and give you a bit of a verbal nut-slap, because that's what he does.

Ok, let me get this straight. It's NOT OK to start a thread on Masters...but IT IS OK to turn every thread on the board into a Chris Masters bitchfest? Quite frankly, THAT'S what I'm tired of and why I made this post. I'm sick of clicking on "SMACKDOWN SPOILERS" and then reading 3 pages about Chris Masters. Godforbid you start a thread that invites the topic. And I don't recall reading anywhere in my post where it says I AGREE with what was posted....do you? Do you see that anywhere because if you do, could you please send me a copy?

And to Chris is Good517, thanks for the compliment I do try to lighten the mood up around here...and I apologize for being thin skinned that day....you see, I just found out that there was no Santa Claus, so please forgive me...I was in a foul mood.

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4815
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

Mood: Cock-sure

posted on 1-4-2006 at 09:11 PM Edit Post
So lemme get this straight. You hate having to read posts bitching about Masters so you go ahead and start a thread inviting people to do just that?

[Edited on 1-4-2006 by 2HoT]

Who wants soup?

Canadian Bulldog
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1889
Registered 7-28-2003
Location Yes.

Mood: EVER!!!

posted on 1-4-2006 at 09:13 PM Edit Post
Ok, let me get this straight: This thread is no longer about sending hateful emails to PyroFalkon?

The book... IS... HERE!!!
The Official Inside The Ropes website
BulldogZone : Official Inside The Ropes Merchandise
The Ridiculously Expensive Canadian BullBLOG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Canadian+Bulldog 's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top