The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Coming to the Flawedcast Network: the Gamer & Proud podcast
Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12402
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 3-26-2012 at 07:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Coming to the Flawedcast Network: the Gamer & Proud podcast

Since I know there are a lot of you gamer type people here, I'm dropping by to pimp my upcoming new podcast on our very own Figure Foreskin's flawedcast.net (even though sadly most of you jerks aren't even listening to Monday Night Flaw), Gamer & Proud. I'm hosting it with a friend of mine who I think is going to be completely unknown to OO people, but I'm hoping some of you guys will hop on board to try it out. It's going to be a monthly affair as opposed to a weekly, and we plan to cover industry news, informal game reviews, and in true Flawedcast family form, lots of off-color humor. Our pilot episode will feature Jon and I discussing Mass Effect 3 and weighing in on it's controversial ending, raving about the Assassin's Creed 3 trailer, discussing the first quarter of 2012 in gaming, a look ahead at some of the summer titles, and more. Shoot us an e-mail at gamer@flawedcast.net and we'll read your e-mail on the show.

I'll post a link next week when the show is up and out.

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

Stu
Caledonian Crippler

Posts 3548
Registered 5-17-2005
Location Glasgow, Scotland

Mood: Scottish

posted on 3-27-2012 at 04:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'll be listening.

"WWE's like Sable's f***y: it's not been any good since 1998, and it's been fucked by Vince McMahon"-Billy Kirkwood

JB KING
Showstopper

Posts 948
Registered 12-4-2009
Location Oxnard, CA

Mood: SAY CHEESE!

posted on 3-27-2012 at 06:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And I'll be contributing

Two time Winner for 2010 Breakthrough Poster of the Year Award. You read that right.
I also win shit without having to do ANYTHING! (2012's Jackass of the Year)
XBL Gamertag: JB KING

Chris Is Good517

Posts 12402
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 4-4-2012 at 07:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
First episode is available right here! Or, if you're the patient type, you should be able to find it on iTunes later under "Flawedcast Network". Any and all criticism, positive or negative, is welcome.

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

Stu
Caledonian Crippler

Posts 3548
Registered 5-17-2005

posted on 4-4-2012 at 08:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just finished listening to it, and it was a good first episode and found I learned something about you two. I think there could have been more to the portion on ME3, because while I've not played the game, what I have read and seen online about it told me that there were more reasons people disliked the game besides whether it was happy or or not(it boiling things down to an a/b/c choice rather than the cumulative result of all your choices up to that point, the endings all being very samey, a lack of closure, massive plot holes/contradictions) as detailed here, so I thought boiling it down to just that one thing was shortchanging it a little. Not that I don't think the "Retake Mass Effect" movement and threats of legal action aren't asinine, but it's a wider issue than people just being crybabies about not getting things their way. But I'll be listening again next episode and I do have an e-mail in mind for it.

"WWE's like Sable's f***y: it's not been any good since 1998, and it's been fucked by Vince McMahon"-Billy Kirkwood

Chris Is Good517

Posts 12402
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 4-7-2012 at 03:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stu
Just finished listening to it, and it was a good first episode and found I learned something about you two. I think there could have been more to the portion on ME3, because while I've not played the game, what I have read and seen online about it told me that there were more reasons people disliked the game besides whether it was happy or or not(it boiling things down to an a/b/c choice rather than the cumulative result of all your choices up to that point, the endings all being very samey, a lack of closure, massive plot holes/contradictions) as detailed here, so I thought boiling it down to just that one thing was shortchanging it a little. Not that I don't think the "Retake Mass Effect" movement and threats of legal action aren't asinine, but it's a wider issue than people just being crybabies about not getting things their way. But I'll be listening again next episode and I do have an e-mail in mind for it.

Thanks for the feedback, Stu!

By the by, Andy asked me this morning if I could speed production along and get this thing out more than once a month. Due to Jon's wacky work schedule and me being stretched pretty thin what with having two podcasts (and potentially two more in the works), school, work, and a family to spend time with, I can't commit to more than two G&Ps a month, but we are planning to record episode 2 around the 15th of this month. So please, we'd love to get an email from you (and hopefully another from King) and anyone else who wants to contribute to the show. We'd like it to be very listener driven.

gamer@flawedcast.net

JB KING
Showstopper

Posts 948
Registered 12-4-2009
Location Oxnard, CA

posted on 4-7-2012 at 05:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Im more than happy to help. Even if Jon and Chris make it sound like the Fox News of video game podcasting...stupid liberals and there mass effect hate! Remind of anything you want me to talk about, I guess we were just lucky because ME3 was such a big story. I doubt anything else will pop up until E3. Let me know and awesome podcast!

Two time Winner for 2010 Breakthrough Poster of the Year Award. You read that right.

Stu
Caledonian Crippler

Posts 3548
Registered 5-17-2005

posted on 4-7-2012 at 10:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sent my e-mail. Forgot to include a subject, just in case you see that and worry it wasn't really from me or something.

Chris Is Good517

Posts 12402
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 4-9-2012 at 02:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Got your email, Stu. King, we're recording tomorrow (way ahead of schedule) so get your email in asap.

Chris Is Good517

Posts 12402
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 4-9-2012 at 10:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
We had literally just finished recording episode 2 when we got King's RUSHED email. So the good news is, we have our first email for episode 3.

BTW, Jon and I were both drinking A LOT while recording. You've been warned. Feel free to shoot us some emails for episode 3.

JB KING
Showstopper

Posts 948
Registered 12-4-2009
Location Oxnard, CA

posted on 4-10-2012 at 05:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Is Good517
We had literally just finished recording episode 2 when we got King's RUSHED email. So the good news is, we have our first email for episode 3.

BTW, Jon and I were both drinking A LOT while recording. You've been warned. Feel free to shoot us some emails for episode 3.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu

Chris Is Good517

Posts 12402
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 4-15-2012 at 06:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Episode 2 is up

Any feedback is welcome

JB KING
Showstopper

Posts 948
Registered 12-4-2009
Location Oxnard, CA

posted on 4-15-2012 at 10:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Was it me, or does it cut out at the 45 min mark?

Stu
Caledonian Crippler

Posts 3548
Registered 5-17-2005

posted on 4-15-2012 at 10:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I accidentally clicked away from the page midway through and a couple of my attempts to listen again resulted in the show only going so far in the player. I think because I tried to skip ahead to where I left off before it had finished buffering again. So just start refresh, start again and wait a few minutes before going to that point again.
Good show, a bit gay joke heavy for my tastes, but you were drunk, so no harm no foul. "Fuck You And The Chocobo You Rode In On" is...better than "Stay 8-bit", but still pretty weak. I'd suggest Jon come up with the signoff instead, but his would probably be "Take care, and don't rape my childhood" or something, given how hung up on the topic he seems to be.

[Edited on 15-4-12 by Stu]

Chris Is Good517

Posts 12402
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 4-16-2012 at 12:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JB KING
Was it me, or does it cut out at the 45 min mark?

It's not you. It's the media player on flawedcast.net, which I have been assured is going to be addressed ASAP. In the meanwhile, we're already up on iTunes.

quote:

Good show, a bit gay joke heavy for my tastes, but you were drunk, so no harm no foul. "Fuck You And The Chocobo You Rode In On" is...better than "Stay 8-bit", but still pretty weak. I'd suggest Jon come up with the signoff instead, but his would probably be "Take care, and don't rape my childhood" or something, given how hung up on the topic he seems to be.

I try to shy away from gay jokes, but Jon seemed to be on a tear this week. And yeah, he's really not very open to the idea of things like reboots and all that stuff. It'll be interesting to see his actual reaction to Double Dragon NEON and any other reboots/remakes of older stuff moving forward.

This goes without saying at this point, but we're happily accepting emails for episode 3.0 at gamer@flawedcast.net

Stu
Caledonian Crippler

Posts 3548
Registered 5-17-2005

posted on 4-16-2012 at 01:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Gay jokes are fine in moderation. See my upcoming MNF e-mail for an example.[/hypocrite]

Chris Is Good517

Posts 12402
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 4-27-2012 at 04:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Gamer & Proud 3 is being recorded this Sunday. Get your emails in now!

Stu
Caledonian Crippler

Posts 3548
Registered 5-17-2005

posted on 4-27-2012 at 09:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sent mine in earlier today.

Chris Is Good517

Posts 12402
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 5-6-2012 at 02:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I just realized I completely forgot to post the link to 3.0, so my bad.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/gamer-and-proud/id516691354?ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Also, we recorded the all e-mail show, Game Mail 1.0, hours ago, and that should be up on Tuesday.

Chris Is Good517

Posts 12402
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 6-1-2012 at 01:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Episode 4.0 is available on iTunes and flawedcast.net, as well as Game Mail 1.0, if you missed that last month.

Game Mail 2.0 has already been recorded and should be posted next week. We're taking emails now for Game Mail 3.0, and we should have an actual real, live correspondent attending E3! We'll have him on the next show.

JB KING
Showstopper

Posts 948
Registered 12-4-2009
Location Oxnard, CA

posted on 6-2-2012 at 05:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the headsup on the mail bag 2 deadline. Knowing my luck my email will be read in September. Time travel!

Chris Is Good517

Posts 12402
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 6-5-2012 at 05:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The third email show will be recorded sometime in June. I promise. Send away.

Chris Is Good517

Posts 12402
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 6-26-2012 at 06:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Recording the next show Friday. We've got a guest lined up who attended E3 and we're praying to God he doesn't flake out. We'll try to make it a good jumping on point for new listeners, and I'd love to get more emails.

Chris Is Good517

Posts 12402
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 7-2-2012 at 01:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
EPISODE 5 IS AVAILABLE NOW through Stitcher, iTunes, or right at this here link.

We clocked in a much longer than usual show (2 hours, and 20 minutes) but it's the only show you get for July and we had a lot to cover this time around.

On this exciting episode: Chris and Jon discuss E3, tackle a huge pile of listener emails, things get awkward when the guys earnestly discuss the horrors of sexual assault and Jon declares allegiance to a surprising new baseball team!

Please, check it out, and even if you aren't interested, do me a favor, download it and throw it out without listening. I appreciate the support.

Chris Is Good517

Posts 12402
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 3-23-2013 at 03:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I quit shilling this for awhile but we have a lot of new posters here and I really liked how this episode turned out: Gamer & Proud 12.0

This one was super fun to record and I liked it just as much when I went back and listened. Jon was shithammered and being kind of weird, but we were joined by a lovely young lady named Maria LeDestroyer who likes video games more than I could ever hope to, and instead of trying to go with a formula we just let the conversation go pretty organically (I did try to steer things back onto the rails a few times) and it came off (to me, at least) like an episode of the Nerdist where you can tell it's just a couple of people enjoying the conversation with each other. We also kept it to a reasonable 73 minutes, so those of you with a long commute or a break during the day, hey, there ya go. Hope you guys like it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top