The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Inside The Ropes vs. The Hot Newz!
maclen
Showstopper

Posts 644
Registered 9-10-2003
Location 22 Acacia Ave

Mood: for a day

posted on 9-16-2003 at 10:11 PM Edit Post
Inside The Ropes vs. The Hot Newz!

I was told by the board's Powers That Be to bring my comment about the Hot Newz over here, so here it is!

Shouldn't Rick bring the real thing over to OO?

http://www.geocities.com/vassie316/

I like Canadian Bulldog's stuff, but nothing tops the Hot Newz! OMFG!

maclen

Rising From Darkness where hell hath no mercy and the screams of vengeance echo on forever, only those who keep the faith shall escape the wrath of The Metallian...
Master of all Metal

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2699
Registered 7-24-2002

Mood: partypartyparty

posted on 9-16-2003 at 10:20 PM Edit Post
I tried reading that, I really did. But when you get to the 14th misspelled word in the first sentence, it gets a little distracting.

I'm getting soft in my old age.

[Edited on 9-16-2003 by Bonestein]

That's racism man! I love to racism bro!

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4815
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

Mood: Cock-sure

posted on 9-16-2003 at 11:30 PM Edit Post
I don't think so bones.

I wundr waht the riter of teh Hot Newz would tink fo the Hot Newz if he didnt rite teh Hot Newz.

Hed prolly tink ti wuz gay.

Who wants soup?

doublee
The Immortal One

Posts 4014
Registered 2-9-2003
Location Raleigh, NC

Mood: Mr. Jiggy-Fly

posted on 9-17-2003 at 12:28 AM Edit Post
For the love of God you can't be serious. While I am no huge fan of Inside the Ropes at least Bulldog can put together a coherent paragraph that I can actually follow and understand. This guy can't even spell basic words. At least I don't get a headache from Inside the Ropes trying to translate the column into English. Man, I enjoyed Chuck-O's GCW recaps over this pile of pablum.

Geezes and people get on Goalie about his grammar and typos. This guy takes the cake.

I would love to hear Jeb's critique on this guy.

<-- If 'ya ain't down with that Bart's got two words for 'ya...

http://www.myspace.com/doubleenc
Doublee's Sports Blog

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   doublee 's Yahoo
Canadian Bulldog
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1889
Registered 7-28-2003
Location Yes.

Mood: EVER!!!

posted on 9-17-2003 at 02:36 AM Edit Post
Well, I think that Bulldog guy sucks and any change would be... oh wait...

I've said this a few times on CRZ's site, and maybe it bears repeating here: I am a HUGE FAN of Hot Newz, and certainly a lot of my style inspired by him. That and probably the Jackie Harvey column from The Onion.com are my biggest influences, and I certainly have never claimed otherwise.

I think (hope) there is a subtle difference between the two, however: Hot Newz' character is more a parody of those `newz' sites from the late-90's that would intentionally make shit up and fail to proofread their copy. My character is more someone who just doesn't have a clue. I find the latter to be a bit more of a challenge. Hot Newz' opinion may differ completely.

That's all I have to say about this topic, but I just wanted to weigh in with that.

Oh, and...

Thanks for the compliment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited on 9-17-2003 by ModSquad]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Canadian+Bulldog 's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger
ModSquad
The Online Onslaught 'Gustapo'

Posts 3470
Registered 1-30-2003

Mood: Adminty

posted on 9-17-2003 at 07:56 PM Edit Post
I had to take out about 100 of those exclamation points. They didn't wrap to the next line. Instead, they pushed the board frames waaaaaaaay out of whack and made it hard to read your post (or any others).

"The moment that The Rick tells me that I am in the wrong then I will stop. And since I have 10 years of reading his work under my belt I feel fairly confident that he won't since he is a proponent of thinking differently. Save the threats."

Canadian Bulldog
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1889
Registered 7-28-2003
Location Yes.

Mood: EVER!!!

posted on 9-17-2003 at 08:03 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by ModSquad
I had to take out about 100 of those exclamation points. They didn't wrap to the next line. Instead, they pushed the board frames waaaaaaaay out of whack and made it hard to read your post (or any others).

Sorry about that.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Canadian+Bulldog 's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger

New Topic New Poll

go to top