The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Crash Holly passes away
ThePunisher
The Great One

Posts 3247
Registered 4-19-2003
Location Asheville, NC

Mood:

posted on 11-7-2003 at 02:22 AM Edit Post
Crash Holly passes away

From WWE.com:

Michael Lockwood passes away

World Wrestling Entertainment is saddened by the loss of Michael Lockwood, known professionally as Crash Holly. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Michael's friends and family.

That sucks. I always liked Crash and was hoping to see more of him in TNA. I wonder if this was another drug related death. If it was, this is just getting ridiculous.

Wait 'Til Next Year - The best baseball podcast on the 'Net!

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   ThePunisher 's Aim
whyme
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1025
Registered 2-4-2003
Location in my house

Mood: Minty Fresh

posted on 11-7-2003 at 03:06 AM Edit Post
wasnt molly married to him? wonder how that will effect her now with the title.

sad thing. too many deaths recently. hope no more for a while.

FusionFistCutter
The Great One

Posts 3411
Registered 4-10-2003
Location Columbus, Ohio

Mood:

posted on 11-7-2003 at 03:14 AM Edit Post
Super Heavyweight Crash Holly????

Must have been felled by the same thing that got Yokozuna....

!

Stormtrooper
The Great One

Posts 3635
Registered 1-5-2002
Location under glass ceiling

Mood:

posted on 11-7-2003 at 03:28 AM Edit Post
really?. Didn't see that one coming, sad that I'm waiting for the words "heart condidtions" or something.

That's what, six this year?. Jeebus guys, learn from the mistakes of others at least.

THE CHAMP

doublee
The Immortal One

Posts 4014
Registered 2-9-2003
Location Raleigh, NC

Mood: Mr. Jiggy-Fly

posted on 11-7-2003 at 03:31 AM Edit Post
Isn't a little early to speculate. Punisher posted the extent of the release from WWE.com. For all we know he may have been killed in a car accident or something.

<-- If 'ya ain't down with that Bart's got two words for 'ya...

http://www.myspace.com/doubleenc
Doublee's Sports Blog

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   doublee 's Yahoo
Stormtrooper
The Great One

Posts 3635
Registered 1-5-2002

Mood:

posted on 11-7-2003 at 03:38 AM Edit Post
that's my point, we(I) have no idea how he died but the first thing that I thought(well, after "holy shit" ) was 'hope it wasn't drugs'.

[Edited on 7-11-2003 by Stormtrooper]

THE CHAMP

eoghann
Showstopper

Posts 534
Registered 2-27-2003

Mood: Angry

posted on 11-7-2003 at 03:49 AM Edit Post
So far none of the sites seem to have any further information. He wasn't ill, or it hadn't been reported.

He was young and its a sudden death, but it is possible it was a car crash or something. Just have to wait and see.

Sucks whatever mind you.. the guy was like..30? Thats younger than me.

What, you actually read this stuff?

Stormtrooper
The Great One

Posts 3635
Registered 1-5-2002

Mood:

posted on 11-7-2003 at 04:06 AM Edit Post
33 I heard, also word is he was at Stevie Richards house.

THE CHAMP

mistabinks
rOOkie

Posts 44
Registered 8-29-2003
Location Glory Road - El Paso, TX

Mood: doing swell

posted on 11-7-2003 at 05:01 AM Edit Post
Rest in PEACE

Crash Holly

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   mistabinks 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger   mistabinks 's Yahoo
phansett
And I am AWESOME

Posts 194
Registered 4-15-2003
Location Chicagoland

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 11-7-2003 at 05:16 AM Edit Post
Yes. RIP. I hope he is in a better place now.

Metzler has a line about possible choking on vomit, so it does look unfortunate at this point, but again way too soon to speculate. Anyone know if RAW was traveling today or if they were home? Just wondering if Richards was there at the time.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   phansett 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger   phansett 's Yahoo
mr_mysterious2
Showstopper

Posts 708
Registered 3-2-2002

Mood: New Japan

posted on 11-7-2003 at 05:28 AM Edit Post
Shit, three wrestling deaths in less than three weeks. Morale in the lockeroom must be really low right now.

Crash had a great run with the Hardcore title. Just too bad...

OO Kyle
The Rowdy One

Posts 2364
Registered 11-21-2002

Mood: McIan-tastic

posted on 11-7-2003 at 05:46 AM Edit Post
"Sources report that Crash Holly, who weighed WELL over 300 lbs, died as a result of head trauma caused by Steven Richards hitting him over the head with a glass candy jar, while simultaneously forcing a referee to invoke the 24/7 rule..."

Goodbye Crash. The Houdini of Hardcore shall be sorely missed.

rasslinjunkie
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1245
Registered 4-29-2003
Location louisiana

Mood: Deservedly Smug

posted on 11-7-2003 at 08:33 AM Edit Post
That was absolutely reprehensible, Kyle.

I bet Crash would have loved it. Thanks for adding a smile to the thread.

Stop posting. Kill yourself.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   rasslinjunkie 's Aim   rasslinjunkie 's Yahoo
OORick
Intellectual Savior of the Masses

Posts 3186
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: Flyered Up

posted on 11-7-2003 at 08:41 AM Edit Post
Sneak Peak.

Duty called. I answered.

My column for tomorrow is about as done as it's gonna get. I will review and maybe edit myself a bit tomorrow before I bolt, but my thoughts on Crash can now be had here:

www.onlineonslaught.com/columns/oo/20031107.shtml

One on hand, I want to curse this guy for (I'm assuming, at this point) being an utterly irresponsible adult, especially on a weekend when I didn't want to do a column. On the other, damn, he's going to go down as the first or one of the only guys do accomplish many remarkable feats. Four different WWF Titles. Twenty-five title reigns. Beat that, Hulk Hogan.

Rick

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Stormtrooper
The Great One

Posts 3635
Registered 1-5-2002

Mood:

posted on 11-7-2003 at 02:49 PM Edit Post
"Twenty-five title reigns"

Good point Rick, the Hardcore title is weird like that. Isn't Raven an 18 time champ or something?.

THE CHAMP

bigjimjustice
Fella

Posts 354
Registered 10-10-2003

Mood:

posted on 11-7-2003 at 03:51 PM Edit Post
Although I was never a big fan of Crash, I still felt that he had a lot of untapped potential. His passing is very sudden and sad and I send my condolences and prayers out to his family and Friends.

"Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
-Charlie Brown.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4492
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood: Careworn

posted on 11-7-2003 at 06:31 PM Edit Post
It has to be a lifestyle thing. Steroids, painkillers, amphetamines and cociane is a lifestyle that will ultimatly lead to deadly consequences. When is it going to end?

Ulitimatly, and I hate to say this, Vince really DOES have to take responsibility for it. He can throw as many clipboards out of the hands of as many reporters as he wants but the simple fact of the matter is that he has built a fortune on the backs of people like The British Bulldog and Curt Hennig, he is aware of what is going on and he should shoulder some of the responsibility.

Fuck man. Though he took a lot of shit on the Internet, I always thought Crash was a good worker with good facial expressions. This news is not what I wanted to hear on a rare day off at work.

The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Eli 's Aim   Eli 's Yahoo
eoghann
Showstopper

Posts 534
Registered 2-27-2003

posted on 11-7-2003 at 06:34 PM Edit Post
Hmm.. but when is it Vinces responsibiility and when isn't it.

Crash wasn't working for WWE any more. Hell some reports are even suggesting that Crash's lifestyle was one of the reasons he no longer worked for them.

So where does Vince's responsibility end?

Lorraine
Showstopper

Posts 613
Registered 1-20-2003
Location The Wild, Wild MidWest

Mood: Chilly!

posted on 11-7-2003 at 06:58 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr_mysterious2
Shit, three wrestling deaths in less than three weeks.

Maybe God is starting a promotion

ModSquad004
Cop Dawg

Posts 2323
Registered 5-10-2003
Location on the ATV

Mood: no mood 4 poop

posted on 11-7-2003 at 07:04 PM Edit Post
As far as Vince and responsibility. He's tried to help Davey Boy, numerous times, and Davey Boy just wouldn't allow himself to be helped.

Vince also tried to help Eddie Guerrero. Two years ago, we all would not have been so surprised to see Eddie passed away, but Eddie had the strength to overcome it. Sure, Vince helped, but it was Eddie who had to make the decision to change his lifestyle.

As much responsibility as Vince has in this, he can only do so much. It's up to the wrestlers themselves to learn from their peers' mistakes, and to take the little cues that Vince gives them to improve.

WOOF!

Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4492
Registered 1-4-2002

posted on 11-7-2003 at 07:06 PM Edit Post
I am not saying that Crash's death is on Vince's hands. I am just saying that he should start taking a more active role in helping his superstars out. It seems like in the case of Holly and Jeff Hardy. There is some talk between the two sides, then the superstar is released.

It seems to me that, as the clear cut ruler of the wrestling world, Vince has the power to at least attempt to address the issue. This is something he flat out refused to do on the Real Sports. That shows an unwillingness to engage in a discussion that is forward-moving in regards to wrestling deaths.

You know what will ultimatly force the issue? The passing of a true superstar - Austin or Hogan for example.

Or maybe Triple H? How will Vince react when his own son-in-law perishes from the excess he himself created?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Eli 's Aim   Eli 's Yahoo
mark markham
Showstopper

Posts 981
Registered 6-24-2003

Mood: 20% cooler

posted on 11-7-2003 at 07:13 PM Edit Post
Again a lot of what we will discuss here for the moment is speculation, if Crashís death was not drug related then so be it, but if it was then once and for all something must be done. I donít know how much responsibility McMahan should take with those who are no longer under his employ, but as the undisputed leader in the industry he should get tough on the whole steroid/painkiller misuse/abuse issue. He canít shrug it off when his is the name in the spotlight. When wrestling comes under fire from the media these early deaths only add fuel to the negatives. I canít help but find myself agreeing with the Costases and OíReillies when the body count keeps rising. Vince canít be blamed for what a grown man does when he is out on his own, especially when that person is no longer under his employ, but he can set a standard of no tolerance for drug abuse w/ mandatory testing and some kind of a program to help those who bruised and battered their bodies while they were under his employ.
eoghann
Showstopper

Posts 534
Registered 2-27-2003

posted on 11-7-2003 at 07:22 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eli
I am not saying that Crash's death is on Vince's hands. I am just saying that he should start taking a more active role in helping his superstars out. It seems like in the case of Holly and Jeff Hardy. There is some talk between the two sides, then the superstar is released.

Actually if the rumors are true (and who knows, this whole thread is speculation anyway) then the primary reason for Jeff Hardy "leaving" was that he wouldn't do something about his drug use.

If true, then honestly what more can you expect Vince to do?

Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4492
Registered 1-4-2002

posted on 11-7-2003 at 07:35 PM Edit Post
I would expect him to do something before it gets out of hand. Back when Hardy was taking hellacious bumps off of 18' ladders and we were all giving $35 dollars of our hard earned money to see it. Didn't we all suspect that Hardy's body would give? Did any of us think that he wasn't treating himself with some kind of medication? Therefore, shouldn't Vince have known?

eoghann
Showstopper

Posts 534
Registered 2-27-2003

posted on 11-7-2003 at 07:40 PM Edit Post
And tell me Eli... if we knew... what was OUR responsibility?

Did you write a letter to Vince encouraging him to do something about Jeff? I didn't. Did you write a letter directly to Jeff? I didn't.

Or did you do what I did and pay that $35 to see those bumps? Thus encouraging more of the same behavior.

Seems to me that if we start saying that wrestlers aren't responsible for their own stupidity then there's a lot more than Vince to blame for the results. The fans are the ones who actually drive what wrestlers do after all.

How is Vince any more guilty than we are? Sure he made money off it. But we took pleasure in it. Don't tell me thats morally superior in any way.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top