The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Chavo Guerrero: Wedding Planner
Alana
Legend Thriller

Posts 1081
Registered 1-23-2003
Location Soviet Georgia

Mood:

posted on 1-22-2004 at 07:44 AM Edit Post
Chavo Guerrero: Wedding Planner

Some of you may have seen the show "For Better or For Worse" on TLC. For those who haven't, the basic premise of the show is a couple giving up all control of their wedding to a small group of family and friends. That said group is given a wedding planner to help out, one week, and $5,000 to put together a wedding (that includes the bride's dress, location, food, music, flowers, tuxes for the groom and groomsmen, invitations, the cake, etc) for the couple. I've seen some lovely weddings on the show and some truly horrible ones, but that's beside the point.

So I'm watching tonight and who, of all people, appears on my screen? Chavo. His sister-in-law got married on the show, and he was one of the group that helped put together the wedding. I must say, it was rather surreal to see him trying on tuxedos for the groom, wearing an apron and baking a wedding cake. Everyone on the show referred to him as "Sal," which was also weird. The voice-over lady said that he was a professional wrestler, but WWE was never mentioned (she also made fun of him for not being in town for two days because he had to go on the road and wrestle). Had I not known who Chavo/Sal was, I would have gotten the impression that he spent his days as a nobody wrestling in high school gymnasiums.

Nothing really of note here, but I thought it was interesting. Chavo came across as a pretty cool guy.

Assaulted by The Man on two separate occasions!

Proud winner of the 2004 & 2005 BOOardie - Best Avatar. Beat that, bitches!

The Broad's Blog

Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12385
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 1-22-2004 at 08:15 AM Edit Post
What is it with you women and these goddam wedding and redecorating shows?

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

Alana
Legend Thriller

Posts 1081
Registered 1-23-2003
Location Soviet Georgia

Mood:

posted on 1-22-2004 at 08:19 AM Edit Post
To be perfectly honest, I don't watch that show very much. My TV was on TLC when I turned it on, and one of the first things I saw was Chavo. That's the only reason I bothered watching.

What is it with you men and those goddamn Monster Garage shows?

The Broad's Blog

Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12385
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 1-22-2004 at 08:33 AM Edit Post
No monster garage shows for me. I generally watch five things: wrestling, South Park, Letterman, those Animal Cops shows that come on Animal Planet, and ESPNews (I prefer SportsCenter if it's on, though). Every now and then I watch something else, but that's what I'm usually watching now that Playmakers doesn't come on much.
My ex-fiancee used to watch three things: Friends, anything that came on TLC and HGTV, and anything that came on Lifetime. I got four hours of wrestling a week, and that was it. Otherwise, the TV was hers. Looking back now, I was a miserable motherfucker until I left her. Friends is a pretty cool show until you've seen every episode 25 times. My new girlfriend is much cooler... she generally lets me watch what I want to watch, and when she does watch TV, it's usually something fairly entertaining like Forensic Files on CourtTV or an E! True Hollywood Story.
So what's on your TV, Erin?

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

Alana
Legend Thriller

Posts 1081
Registered 1-23-2003
Location Soviet Georgia

Mood:

posted on 1-22-2004 at 08:47 AM Edit Post
Being a girl, I do tend to like makeover shows, but stuff about weddings generally doesn't interest me. I liked Trading Spaces for a few seasons, but I've grown sick of that.

There are three shows that I never miss: Raw, Smackdown, and 24. The four channels I watch the most are TLC, Discovery, Animal Planet, and the History Channel. I enjoy South Park but haven't watched it very much recently. I'm also a sucker for any VH1 show involving a list (100 Greatest Albums of All Time, etc), and I Love the 80s was terrific.

Shows I enjoy on a semi-regular basis: Chappelle's Show, American Chopper, Conan O'Brien, anything involving poker, Inside the Actors Studio, and Animal Cops.

Lifetime, HGTV, WE, and Dr. Phil suck ass as a rule.

The Broad's Blog

Dynamicjt
Fella

Posts 283
Registered 9-20-2003
Location San Antonio, Texas

Mood:

posted on 1-22-2004 at 09:27 PM Edit Post
Chavo's real first name is Salvadore.

New Topic New Poll

go to top